On June 8, 2016, there were around 100 community people who living in Romeas Heak Farmer Community, affecting land conflict with NK Venchor Company, gathering to support their representatives who were interrogated by Svay Rieng provincial court. The three of those are:
- 1. Mr. Chea Soeurn, a farmer of Ampil village, Ampil commune, Romeas Haek district, Svay Rieng province.
- 2. Mr. Thoeurn Veng, a farmer of Porpel village, Moream commune, Romeas Haek district, Svay Rieng province.
- 3. Mr. Prum Sot, a farmer of Romeas Haek village, Ampil commune, Romeas Haek district, Svay Rieng province.
The following accusation of the Company on violation of public state forest, Mr. Chhun Davy, investigation judge of Svay Rieng provincial court summoned above innocent persons through its warrants No. 135, 137 and 138 by ordering them to present at court on May 16, 2017
As above information, we would like to call for all media, journalists, social media and civil society organizations to monitor the Court’s threaten against our innocent community representatives.
Furthermore information, please kindly contact the following persons:
- – Ms. Keav Sarun, Romeas Haek land right representative: Tel: 096 463 6169
- – Mr. Sum Manet, community facilitator: Tel: 086 909 169